COVID-19 and Carers
Carers NSW has been closely following the development of the COVID-19 pandemic and the impacts on carers living in NSW.
The following publications highlight key issues for carers and make recommendations for improving carer support during this challenging period.
- Carers NSW COVID-19 consultation report
- Carers NSW COVID-19 position statement
- ‘Carers need respite from care. COVID-19’s limiting the options & pushing many to breaking point’, article published by Associated Professor Myra Hamilton in Women’s Agenda on 5 May 2020, with input from Carers NSW
Carers and service providers are invited to raise issues and put forward suggestions to the Carers NSW Policy Team by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9280 4744.
For regular updates on COVID-19 information relevant to carers, visit the News section of the Carers NSW website.
For free, interactive information sessions that provide carers with an opportunity to discuss the challenges and opportunities of COVID-19, view the Supporting Carers through COVID-19 flyer.
Carers NSW has also developed the following practically focused fact sheets for carers:
- COVID-19: Tips for young carers
- COVID-19: Tips for mental health carers
- COVID-19: Tips for older carers
Other COVID-19 specific resources are coming soon.